ELC 2018 invites academic administrators, faculty, and clinicians to engage with one another on the theme Our Leadership Landscape: Perspectives from the Ground Level to 30,000 Feet. The conference begins with the 5th Annual Dr. Geneva R. Johnson Forum on Innovation where participants are encouraged to reconsider the future of physical therapy education through a lens of excellence. We will present educational programming based on five thematic areas:
- Taking flight and advancing PT education to promote access and equity
- Leading through innovation and simulation
- Embedding leadership skills across didactic and clinical education
- Developing strategies to build resilience in academic and clinical environments
- Blending leadership in interprofessional education
Hyatt Regency Jacksonville Riverfront in Jacksonville, FL
To make your reservations, please use this link: https://book.passkey.com/go/Jax2018. If you need additional assistance, please call 888-421-1442 or 402-592-6464
See the list below for nearby hotels
Before making your reservation see a few key events below under "Program"
Discount Airport Shuttle Options between the Hyatt Hotel and Jacksonville Airport: APTA – ELC Conference 2018 Reservation Link
The transportation service options and pricing that are provided in the link are as follows:
The Hourly Shuttle is $25.00 per reservation, and $10.00 per additional guest.
Shuttle times offered:
- Airport Arrivals: 10:00am – 7:00pm
- Hotel Departures: 5:00am – 5:00pm
For guests scheduled to arrive / depart outside of the above offered shuttle times, you may book these vehicle transfers:
- GO Anyway $42.00 - 1 or 2 guests, each additional guest is $10.00 each
- GO Sedan $55.00 – 1 or 2 guests
- GO SUV $102.00 – up to 5 guests
Nearby dining options: http://www.downtownjacksonville.org/locations/lc-5-downtown-jacksonville-dining.aspx or download a map with nearby options.
Additional Hotels Near the Conference
- Omni Jacksonville Hotel, 245 Water St, Jacksonville, FL 32202, 904-355-6664
- DoubleTree by Hilton Jacksonville Riverfront, 1201 Riverplace Boulevard, Jacksonville, FL 32207, 904-398-8800
- Lexington Hotel & Conference Center, 1515 Prudential Drive, Jacksonville, FL 32207, 904-396-5100
- Hampton Inn Jacksonville Downtown I-95, 1331 Prudential Drive, Jacksonville, FL 32207, 904-396-7770
- Extended Stay America, 1413 Prudential Drive, Jacksonville, FL 32207, 904-396-1777
- Hilton Garden Inn, 1201 Kings Avenue, Jacksonville, FL 32207, 904-396-6111
- Homewood Suites, 1201 Kings Avenue, Jacksonville, FL 32207, 904-396-6888
Registration has closed. Onsite registration is available
Cancellations received by September 17, 2018 will receive a full refund. Cancellations received September 18-28, 2018 will be refunded less a $50.00 fee. No refund will be provided for cancellations received after September 28, 2018.
ELC 2018 Program. All conference activities are subject to change. Please confirm with the onsite program booklet to confirm dates, times and room locations.
The theme for the 2018 Educational Leadership Conference is Our Leadership Landscape: Perspectives from the Ground Level to 30,000 feet. Join us as we take flight and advance PT education. The keynote speaker for the 5th annual Dr. Geneva R. Johnson Forum on Innovation in Physical Therapy is 3-star Lieutenant General Michael Nagata, the Director of Strategic Operational Planning at the National Counterterrorism Center. General Nagata is a 1979 graduate of Georgia State University’s physical therapist program. The title of his presentation is “Leadership in a Rapidly Changing World.”
If you're interested, please email email@example.com.